- 1 filet of smoked salmon, skinned, de-boned, and shredded (make sure its not a high-carb smoked salmon, I have friends who make it without sugar for me…OPT: can use any canned salmon too)
- 2 boxes cream cheese, original, softened
- 1 tub chives cream cheese
- 1 tub whipped cream cheese (optional, its soft and lite and makes the spread more airy)
- 5 green onions
- (if using canned salmon, use 2 tsp. garlic powder and a dash of liquid smoke)
Blend all cream cheese’s well. Add green onions and smoked salmon, blend well. Place in serving dish. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving to let flavors meld. Serve spread crackers; or if going low-carb you can use homemade cheese crackers or vegetables. Another idea for low-carbers is to tuck some spread into boiled egg halves, sort of like salmon deviled eggs.